Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Tenth Anniversary of My Ordination and the Proposed Tenth Anniversary of My Internet Ministry


Beloved,
The Tenth Anniversary of My Ordination and the Proposed Tenth Anniversary of My Internet Ministry
On August 18, 2002, I was ordained into the full gospel ministry of the Nigerian Baptist Convention at Akobo Baptist Church, Akobo, Ibadan, Nigeria. Today marks the tenth year anniversary of additional public divine responsibilities as a minister of the gospel.
Coincidentally, today is also exactly five months to the tenth year anniversary of my Internet ministry started on February 18, 2003. During the ninth anniversary message earlier this year, I have made a proposal of how to celebrate this milestone on February 18, 2013, that is, publishing the collections of my messages in the past ten years and the combination of my experience in and the compilation of your testimonies about the ministry in electronic (and possibly actual hard copy) book forms. I have started compiling these messages. Let me quote verbatim my proposal then:
"The first book will be a compilation of some of the messages sent out in the email aspect of the ministry for the past nine years. Let me give you, my recipients, the opportunity of selecting the messages you know that have been a blessing to you since the time you have been receiving the messages from me. Almost all the messages (at least since August 18, 2003) can be retrieved from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiritualdigest2003/messages. The most selected messages will be compiled and published to mark the tenth anniversary of the ministry.
"The second book will be the combination of my experience in and the compilation of your testimonies about the ministry. I have had many of such testimonies. Some are already on the website of the ministry: http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/reactions.php. However, I want you to intentionally send your testimonies to me to be included in the book. Your privacy will be respected.
"These two books will be published electronically and manually. So, if you are led to contribute financially towards the publication of the books before February next year let me know."
I have already added a third book, the first collection of my daily quotes with almost corresponding Bible verses and suggested weblinks to almost corresponding hymns to these quotes.
Since the ministry is an Internet ministry with beneficiaries all over the world, I do not want to make the anniversary to be an affair of Ibadan or Nigeria where I base alone. What do you suggest? How should I celebrate the anniversary that day? I need your advice.
You shall all be celebrated in Jesus' name. Amen.
In His service,
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

No comments:

Post a Comment